Steinbuchel House
1905 N. Park Place

Built in 1887-1888, the two-story brick Steinbuchel House was originally constructed for Lee Taylor of the Taylor and Hall Insurance Co. Historically, the local architectural firm of Terry and Hayward are considered the designers of this unusual Queen Anne-Romanesque residence, but it is unclear about who actually built the house. In 1907, prominent Wichitan Herman. Joseph Steinbuchel acquired the property and in 1908, Steinbuchel transferred title to his wife Marie Stackman Steinbuchel, a prominent businesswoman who controlled an extensive local real estate empire.

The home features stone lintels and windows containing stained glass, with gingerbread railings lining the front and back porches. Notice the unusual round stained glass window in the gable of the east facade.