home was constructed in 1911 by Henry and Albertina
Schnitzler, a well-known pioneer family who held several public
offices. Considered one of the finest Colonial Revival
homes of its period, the first floor layout is typical of
the architectural style with rooms opening into one another.
Original light fixtures and woodwork
still exist within the home, along with the ornamental plastered ceilings.
The full width porch is double pedimented with stylistic
rails and pillars.