Rock Island Depot
729 E. Douglas

Built in 1887 by the Chicago, Kansas and Nebraska Railway Company, the rectangular Victorian style two-story depot served as a freight and passenger station for the bustling community that advertised itself as the "Athletic Ajax of the Aboundful Arkansas." The window and entry arches on the first floor are rough hewn sandstone.

A low roof accented with metalwork gables is supported by carved brackets beneath which can be seen a pressed brickwork pattern carried out around the entire building. Passenger service ended in 1914 with the opening of Union Station located just to the west.