1313 N. Emporia
The Pratt/Campbell house was built in 1887, by W. O. Sternberg
for George L. Pratt, owner of Pratt Lumber Company. In 1899, the home was purchased by M.
C. Campbell, a developer of the Kansas livestock industry.
The architectural style is Chateauesque, with Richardsonian
Romanesque and Queen Anne influences. The house is distinguished by the carved stone
lintels over tall narrow windows, the molded bands in the brick that extend around the
house and the imposing roof line with it's dormers and crest ornaments.