||Built in 1913, this two-story house reflects the
prominence of the Italian Renaissance architectural style, combined with Prairie-style
The home, located in the "Clapp
Compound," was originally built for Marc Clapp, son of L. W. Clapp.
Features of the home include a tiled roof, massive paired
cornice brackets, pedimented portico with dentil frieze flanked by lonic pilasters,
matching south side sun porch and north side porte-cochere.