155 N. Market
Financed partially by Henry
Lassen, a local milling company owner, the Lassen Hotel opened
its doors on New Years Eve, 1918. The hotel was designed
by the local architectural firm of Richards, McCarty and Bullford.
The eleven-story building has
an exterior of red brick with segmented balustered parapets,
a treatment of ornate decoration at the 10th floor of terra
cotta arches and window trim. The top floor windows of
the hotel were leaded and stained glass. A two-story
lobby with marble floors marked the entrance into the
In the 1980's the hotel was
converted to an office building.