||Located in the North Main District across from the
Occidental Hotel, this two story commercial structure occupies two lots. The east
building, constructed in 1910, and the west building, constructed in 1907 both include
wood store fronts with egg and dart trim, a metal cornice, and original skylights.
Both Hayford buildings, which were completely restored in 1979, were the
first to receive tax incentives for renovation provided by the Historic Preservation Tax
Act of 1976 in the state of Kansas.