1300 S. Broadway
The two-story concrete brick
fire station, constructed in 1909, initially housed
horse-drawn equipment and horses and was the last station
in Wichita to be converted to motorized vehicles.
Built to serve as a front line
fire house for the south side of Wichita, the station was
active until 1953, when a new fire station No. 6 was
built at Santa Fe and Mt. Vernon. It was then used by the
Wichita Fire Reserve until 1988 and is now the home of
the Kansas Firefighter's Museum.
Like Fire Station No. 4, the
building's second floor windows have arched lintels and