||Originally part of the Clapp Compound, this
Georgian-styled, Federal influenced home was built from 1917-19 for Winn E. Holmes, a
prominent Wichita attorney and Sydney (Clapp) Holmes, daughter of L. W. Clapp.
This three-story brick home has paired end chimneys, keystone lintels and
a front entrance portico with decorative elliptical fanlight with sidelights. The Holmes
lived in the house from 1919 until 1952 when it was sold to the Wichita Fellowship Club.