Sedgwick County Courthouse
525 N. Main
Built in 1888, on land donated
by pioneer D. S. Munger, the old Courthouse served as the
seat of county government until the new eleven-story building
was completed directly across Main street in 1959.
The central tower originally
extended two stories above the slate roof and boasted a
large clock and domed roof.
The Victorian Renaissance style
structure designed by W. R. McPherson, crowned each
corner of the structure with three-story tall, four-sided
steep roof pitched towers.