Johnson-Cohlmia Building - 2323 E. Central
Designed in 1930 by its owner, Gilbert Johnson, this structure is one of the finest examples of Art Deco buildings remaining in Wichita. As an American Deco styled building in terms of massing, the structure features details of the American Indian in its applied geometric designs. The store is reported to be the first in Wichita to sell beer after prohibition was revoked. It was known for its terrazzo floors and concrete applied terra-cotta-looking exterior.
It represents the type of commercial building known as modern broadfront.