The following quote is from the Wichita Historic Preservation
"The 800 West Douglas Block, consisting of three, two-story brick commercial buildings in Wichita’s Delano neighborhood, is an icon of Delano’s economic history. All three were typical of the commercial buildings facing Douglas Avenue, with shops on the first floor and lodgings on the second floor.
"The 815 West Douglas building, the oldest of Delano’s commercial buildings, was erected in 1887 during Wichita’s real estate and building boom, and has the oldest intact cast iron front of any of Wichita’s commercial buildings. The 809 and 811 buildings, erected in 1906, are two of a small number of surviving commercial buildings from Delano’s economic revival during the early 20th century."