nominated to the Kansas and National Registers of Historic Places
Nov. 11, 2005, for its architectural significance as
an excellent example of an Art Deco style office building.
The eight-story brick
building, constructed in 1929, was the first in Wichita with a connected ramp
garage, appealing to “businesss and professional men who like the idea
of having their cars where they may step directly from their office
It was designed by Sy
Boucher and represents an eclectic use of several stylistic elements
including Art Deco, Modernistic and Mission. The structure makes
decorative use of terra cotta, brick and tile. Decorative features
include, cartouches, chimaeras, lions heads and octagonal lamps.